Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Sydney passed away but he had a lot to say...

I met Sydney at a dinner party in Hollywood. He was outrageously funny and very human. I was sorry to hear that diabetes took his life later that year. But that film he was featured in never leaves my immediate consciousness. We all are very human, sensitive creatures who deserve to be recognized for just existing in the time we had here on earth. This I sincerely try to remember every time I meet anyone who may be totally difficult to tolerate and accept. Or who for no reason other than their own insecurities try to take away your energy by putting down anyone's ideas other than their own, as unacceptable. This life is too short not to realize the wonderful differences in everyone we meet. There's magic in that sentence from the Lord's Prayer... "forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us..." The word trespass only reveals someone or some action that was committed without thought as to the effect it could cause on another human being. And for that we must realize forgiveness to realize happiness.
Chubby, antsy, and distinctive character actor Sydney Lassick was born on July 23, 1922 to Jewish Russian immigrant parents in Chicago, Illinois. Lassick first began acting in both films and TV shows in the late 50s. Portly and bespectacled, with a high-pitched voice and a nervous disposition, Sydney was usually cast as peevish neurotics, obsequious toadies, and fretful everyman types. Best known for his outstanding portrayal of the whiny and infantile manic depressive mental patient Charlie Cheswick in the acclaimed "One Who Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest,"

I'm not just talking about my wife, I'm talking about my LIFE, I can't seem to get that through to you. I'm not just talking about one person, I'm talking about everybody. I'm talking about form. I'm talking about content. I'm talking about interrelationships. I'm talking about God, the devil, Hell, Heaven. Do you understand... FINALLY? (quote from One Flew Over the Cuckoo's nest...)

No comments:

Post a Comment