Wednesday, August 11, 2010

On The Road to San Francisco

In 1972, I made it a point to drive to San Francisco, find an apt and get a job... Rock n' Roll on ABC's KSFX (now KGO FM) had the guts to hire a guy who never sold air time before or produce a legitimate radio commercial... It was a fabulous experience. San Francisco was everything I wanted a city to be and life was a daily happening. A thousand waterbed commercials later I was "King Coils" on Rock FM. In one spot I voiced in a very deep god like tone, I described the therapeutic benefits of waterbeds as in the background sfx we heard the lash crack of a whip and the repeated moan of a female delighted by the experience. The radio station got hundreds of requests to play the commercial again and Waterbed Experience stores sold hundreds of units.
Follow langemedia on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment